Prof. r. Emeritus- Michael Metzeltin
Institut für Romanistik
Universität Wien, Austria
Text as Cell-like Structure
Michael Metzeltin was born in Sorengo (CH) in 1943. He studied Romance philology at the universities of Basel, Zurich, Salamanca, Coimbra and Padua, graduated Doctorate in 1969 in Ibero-Romance philology, French linguistics and Italian literary studies at the University of Basel.
In 1972 he qualified as a university lecturer at the University of Basel with the venia legendi “Romance philology”. He was assistant and lecturer at the University of Basel and professor at the universities of Trier, Groningen, Coimbra, Cosenza, Paderborn and Göttingen. Since 1989 he has been holding the position of a full professor for linguistics and didactics of Roman languages at the Department of Romance Studies at the University of Vienna.
Since 2011 he is Professor emeritus at the University of Vienna. He has given lectures in almost every country in Europe, in Cuba, in Chile and in Peru. In 1994 he became a corresponding member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, further „Grande Oficial da Ordem do Mérito da República Portuguesa“ (1998), Prof. h.c. of the University of Bucharest (1999), holder of the Spanish „Encomienda de la Orden del Mérito Civil“ (2000), corresponding member of the Academia Chilena de la Lengua (2000), honorary member of the Academia de la Llingua Asturiana (2001), holder of the Ordin naţional „Pentru Merit“ of Romania (Ofiţer 2002, Comandor 2011), holder of the gold medal of the Arts Faculty of the Comenius University Bratislava (2003), full member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (2004), holder of the „Medalla de Honor Presidencial que conmemora el Centenario del Natalicio de Pablo Neruda“ (2004), honorary member of the Romanian Academy of Sciences (2004), Dr. h.c. of the University of Timişoara / Temesvar (2006), holder of the gold medal of the University Petre Andrei / Iaşi (2007), Dr. h.c. of the University of Stockholm (2007), Honorary professor at the University Ricardo Palma / Lima (2008), Prof. h.c. of the University of Iaşi (2009), Dr. h.c. of the University of Iaşi (2010), Dr. h.c. of the Comenius-University of Bratislava (2010) and full member of the Reial Acadèmia de Doctors (2015). Michael Metzeltin was, among others, chairman of the Balkan commission (2008-2011) and of the commission “Südosteuropa – Türkei – Schwarzmeerregion” (2011-2014) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. He is author of 38 monographs and 304 articles on Romance topics, on texts linguistics and discourse analysis. He is co-founder and co-editor among other things of the Romanistisches Kolloquium (RK, 29 volumes, since 1984), the Lexikon der Romanistischen Linguistik (LRL, 12 volumes, 1988-2005).
Prof. dr. ing. Daniela Tarniţă
University of Craiova
Numerical Simulations and Finite Element Analysis of Normal, Osteoarthritic and Prosthetic Knee
Prof. Dr. Augustin Ioan
“Ion Mincu” University for Architecture and Urbanism, Bucharest, Romania
Light and shadow inside the sacred space.
Case study: the metropolitan cathedral with royal necropolis St Filoteia and St. Archangels Mihail and Gabriel, Curtea de Argeș, Ro.
Prof. Dr. Augustin Ioan is Director of Studies, within the PhD School of the “Ion Mincu” University of Architecture and Planning Bucharest, Romania. He graduated the Institute of Architecture in Bucharest in 1990 and the MSArch University of Cincinnati, Ohio in 1994 (Outstanding Architecture Graduate Student, Outstanding DAAP Graduate Student).
He did his PhD at the Institute of Architecture in Bucharest, 1998 with the Thesis: “A Comparative Analysis of the Architectural Discourse, 1930-1960. Case Study: Romania” and another PhD at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Bucharest (2002, Magna cum Laudae) with the Thesis: “Public Places, Private Spaces – Contemporary Philosophical Perspectives”.
Areas of specialization:
Theory and history of modern & contemporary architecture
Sacred spaces (history, current developments, theory of)
- Associate Editor, Octogon / Octagon (since 2001)
- Editor of Architecture, architectural journal (1992-2001);
- member, editorial team of Secolul 20 / 20th Century (1998-1999), Bucharest
- member, editorial team of Art Margins e-journal (www.artmargins.com), University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Honors and titles
- Director of School of Graduate Studies, UAUIM Bucharest (2004-2008)
- Vice-President, Union of Architects in Romania (1999-2004); member of the Directory Committee, (1994-2004)
- member, Directory Committee, Fulbright Scholars Association - Romanian Chapter (1998-2004)
- member, Oxford Society Romanian Chapter
- member, Jockey Club Romanian Chapter (since 2000).
- Outstanding Graduate Student, School of Architecture, U. of Cincinnati, Ohio, 1994;
- College of Design, Architecture, Arts and Planning Outstanding Graduate Student, U. of Cincinnati, Ohio, 1994, with medal.
Prof. Dr. Gheorghe Manolache
"Lucian Blaga" University of Sibiu
Anton Naum - The Reactivation by Translations and Imitations of the Structural Classicism
Prof. Gh. Manolache is teaching Romanian Language and Literature at "Lucian Blaga" University of Sibiu, Faculty of Letters and Arts. He is head of the Centre for Philological and Intercultural Research, Faculty of Letters and Arts, editor-in-chief of the „CAIETELE LUCIAN BLAGA” Journal.
His field of expertise consists of Language and literature/the hermeneutics of the literary text, Trends in the poetics and the hermeneutics of the literary text, The aesthetics of the literary work, Structural Experiments in the Romanian Dramaturgy, Sociology of reading, The history of reading. Reading and Re-reading.
Prof. dr. Mirela Praisler
Prof. dr. Mirela Praisler has started her carrier as a researcher in 1986 at the Institute of Chemico-Pharmaceutical Research, Bucharest.
Since 1987 she is a member of the Department of Chemistry, Physics and Environment, Faculty of Sciences and Environment, “Dunărea de Jos” University of Galati (UDJG). Between 2006 and 2012, Prof.dr. Mirela Praisler has been Vice-president of UDJG, responsible with Scientific Research and International Affairs, as well as Head of the Scientific Research Commission of the Senate of UDJG. Since 2014, she is the Director of the Doctoral School of Engineering of UDJG.
Besides directing major national research projects within PNII-Partnership program, Prof.dr. Mirela Praisler has been the co-director or partner leader of a significant number of international research projects, in which she has collaborated with research teams recognized as leaders in the field of Toxicology (Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry and Toxicology, University of Gent, Ghent, Belgium), Chemometry (Laboratory of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium), or Laser Infrared Hollow Fiber Spectroscopy (e.g. Consorzio CREO Centro Ricerche Elettro-Ottiche, L’Aquila, Italy).
Prof. dr. George Enache
PhD in History
PhD thesis: “Church and State in the People’s Republic of Romania (1948-1964)
Professor, "Dunărea de Jos" University of Galaţi, Romania: lectures and seminars on the History of the Church, History of Culture, Historiography, International Relations.
Researcher, the National Council for the Study of the Securitate Archives, Bucharest, Romania
- Ortodoxie şi putere politică în România contemporană (Orthodoxy and Political Power in Contemporary Romania), Editura Nemira, Bucureşti, 2005.
- Patriarhul Justinian şi Biserica Ortodoxă Română în anii 1948-1964 (Patriarch Justinian and Romanian Orthodox Church between 1948 and 1964), Editura Partener, Galaţi, 2009.
- Monahismul ortodox şi puterea comunistă în România anilor ΄50 (Orthodox Monastic Life and the Communist Power in Romania during the 50’s, Editura Partener, Galaţi, 2009.
- Despre curajul de a rosti: Episcopul Nicolae Popovici al Oradiei (About the Courage to Speak: Bishop Nicolae Popovici of Oradea), Editura Partener, Galaţi, 2009.
- Părintele Arsenie Boca în atenţia poliţiei politice din România (Father Arsenie Boca in the Attention of the Romanian Political Police), Editura Partener, Galaţi, 2009.
- Conştiinţa creştină în modernitate. Chipuri şi fapte (Christian Conscience in Modernity), EMIGL, EIKON, 2014.
- Biserica în comunism. Modele şi mărturii (Church under Communism. Models and Testimonies), EMIGL, EIKON, 2014.
- Orthodoxy, Liberalism and Totalitarianism in Modern and Contemporary Romania, Editura Cetatea de Scaun, Târgoviște, 2016, 391 p.